Have you Spiralized yet??
It's super fun! You can use any type of spiral cutting kitchen tool, I used the KitchenAid Spiralizer Attachment.
It's a Spiralized Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole and it's a great big casserole that will be perfect for serving at breakfast or brunch! You can prepare most of it the night before and just bake it in the morning! Leaves more time for relaxing with your family and friends!
Spiralized Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole: Step-by-Step Photos
Spiralized Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
Christina Verrelli - epicuricloud.com
Makes 8 servings
Prep. Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Spiralizer Attachment Parts Needed:
- Fine Spiralizing Blade
- Peeling Blade
Non-stick cooking spray
3 medium sweet potatoes* (approx. 5”x 2”)
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
8 ounces breakfast or sweet Italian turkey sausage (uncooked)
1/3 cup finely chopped shallot
½ teaspoon salt, divided
5-ounces baby spinach, roughly chopped
12 large eggs
½ cup whole milk
½ cup heavy cream
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2 – 2 ½ quart casserole with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Trim ends off sweet potatoes and cut to fit spiralizer (if necessary). Use peeling blade and fine spiralizing blade to peel and spiralize sweet potatoes. You should have about 5 cups of sweet potato spirals.
3. Remove sausage from casing and crumble into a large non-stick skillet (10-inch) over medium heat. (I usually don’t need to add any oil, but if it seems dry, add a tablespoon of oil.) Cook for about 5 minutes until browned; break apart any larger pieces as needed. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Add a tablespoon of oil to pan, if needed and cook shallots for about 1-2 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until spinach wilts about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
5. Arrange sweet potato spirals in baking dish. Top with sausage, spinach mixture, and feta cheese. Pour egg mixture evenly over top and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 45-55 minutes or until puffed, set in the center and beginning to brown.
Sweet potatoes are sometimes labeled as “yams.”
To Make Ahead: Follow steps #2 and 3 and arrange in baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, preheat oven, whisk together egg mixture, pour over casserole, top with Parmesan cheese and bake.