My friend, Gail, introduced me to these little nibbles from heaven! We have a little get-together on Christmas Eve where we toast with prosecco cocktails and celebrate with a “Feast of 7 Appetizers!” It’s one of my favorite nights of the year and I look forward to these Bow Tie Bacon Crackers so much!
They’re incredibly simple to make, just 3 ingredients. They slow cook in the oven and the crackers absorb lots of bacon-y goodness! They get all golden brown and tender-crispy and the bacon cinches in the center of the cracker making them look a little like bow ties! You can make them ahead and refrigerate or freeze, then just warm up a bit.
I try to limit myself to just a few, one time a year, but it’s a challenge for sure! Besides being a great appetizer, I’ve also included them on a breakfast and a dessert buffet! Bacon just fits in everywhere!!
Bow Tie Bacon Crackers
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 sleeve of Club Crackers
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cut in half use regular thin, not thick-cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. I usually line my baking tray with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Put one teaspoon of cheese on each cracker, wrap bacon around cracker (tuck about a 1/4 inch around the underside of the cracker and wrap over the top, around again, stretching to end with about a 1/4 inch tucked around the underside) and place on a baking tray.
- Bake 2 hours. Do not flip them. You can cool, and store in refrigerator for a few days or in the freezer for a month. You can warm up in the oven. They don't have to be served super hot, they're great just warm or at room temperature too.