Carrot and Applesauce Chewies (Homemade Dog Treats)
Homemade soft dog treats!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 30 - 35 Chewies
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or any flour your pet can have.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 cup oatmeal (old fashioned)
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In medium bow, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- In mixer bowl add applesauce, carrot and oatmeal and half of flour mixture.
- Mix on low speed and gradually add the remaining flour mixture.
- Drizzle in the egg and milk.
- Mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon portions onto prepared baking sheet. (They do not spread much during baking, they stay in the scooped shape.)
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside but still soft on the inside.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Keep in airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze.
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!