Easy Creamy Coleslaw!
This easy homemade coleslaw dressing is delicious! It’s creamy, tangy and full of fresh herbs!
You can use bagged pre-shredded cabbage or cut it yourself!
How do you like your cabbage cut for Coleslaw?
- Finely Shredded
- Long Shreds
You can use a food processor to quickly and easily cut your cabbage exactly the way you like it!
Minced Cabbage: Use the metal multi-purpose blade and drop in 1 1/2 inch chunks of cabbage – only fill the bowl 1/2 way so the cabbage has room to jump around – this is how you get more even chopping. Pulse to mince as finely as you like.
Finely Shredded: Use the largest shredding disc to shred the cabbage into fine shreds.
Long Shreds: I love using the long shreds for tacos! Since the cabbage grows in layers, you can use the slicing disc to cut longer shreds. Choose a thinner slicing disc for thinner shreds and a thicker slicing disc for thicker shreds.
Cole Slaw Dressing
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian (flat leaf) parsley see note on mincing (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives or 2 teaspoons dried
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients or blend in food processor. Makes about 1 1/2 cups dressing. Store in refrigerator for up to a week. I usually dress my cabbage about an hour before serving.