(A version of Laura’s Doggie Donuts)
My sister-in-law, Laura, makes these cute little doggie donut treats for her 3 furry family members: Bella, Chimay and Kobe. I don’t have the electric donut maker that she does, so I tried them in my waffle maker. I also added some brewer’s yeast which I have seen in other dog biscuit recipes.
Thanks for spending some time in the cloud with me!! I hope your furry friends love the waffles! ( : Tina
Homemade Dog Waffles - "Woofles"
- 1 cup whole wheat flour* *
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup brewer's yeast (found w/ protein powders in grocery)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons old fashioned oats
Add a combination of any of the following items you choose (I used cheese and bacon)
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened carob chips
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons carob powder
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- Measure flours* into medium bowl, stir in brewer's yeast and baking powder.
- Whisk together beef broth, egg. Stir into dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add rolled oats and any of the extra items of your choosing.
- Scoop and shape into balls (15 ml. scoop or 1 tablespoon).
- Bake in electric waffle maker for 12 minutes. (I used coconut oil non-stick spray on my waffle maker.) They should be dense and quite dry.
- Laura uses an electric mini-donut maker or electric grill for 15-20 minutes. (or flatten and bake in 350 oven.)
- Makes about 2-dozen. Store in refrigerator.