I hope the tails in your home will be wagging for these homemade dog treats! Woof!
They’re made with plain Greek yogurt, oats, egg, whole wheat flour, beef broth and cheddar cheese! Mix up the simple dough, roll them, cut them and bake! The recipe makes about 30 treats. I used a 3″ long bone shaped cookie cutter. They keep for several days in an air-tight container or they freeze very well.
Homemade Yogurt & Cheddar Dog Biscuits
- 1 cup unsweetened plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs divided (1 for egg wash)
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour plus additional for rolling dough
- 2-4 tablespoons beef broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix yogurt and egg until well combined..
- Stir in the oats and let sit for about 5 minutes. The oats will absorb some of the moisture.
- Add the flour and mix until combined. Will be crumbly.
- Drizzle in enough beef broth until the dough pulls together, but is still stiff. I used 3 tablespoons.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese.
- Roll the dough to about 3/8" thickness and cut into desired shapes. I used a 3" long bone shaped cookie cutter. You'll need to re-roll the dough a few times to use it all up. Place them on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Whisk together remaining egg with 2 teaspoons water to make an egg wash. Brush the biscuits with the egg wash.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for a few days or freeze and just take out a few to thaw as needed.