Weeping whipped cream? Don’t cry – use this fix! ( :
Ever have your whipped cream deflate and get all weepy on you? Yup, me too! Now…if I want to make my whipped cream ahead of time, I add a little instant vanilla pudding mix to the cream.
I tested many batches of whipped cream with varying amounts of pudding mix as I wanted to use the smallest amount possible and still have the whipped cream hold up. 1 tablespoon per cup of heavy cream does the trick perfectly! There are other ways to stabilize whipped cream, but this way is simple and works great for me.
Makes Great Frosting Too!
This Stabilized Whipped Cream also makes a great Whipped Cream Frosting! I use it in my Berry Shortcake Sheet Cake Recipe!
Great substitute for Cool Whip!
I have had great success using this as a substitute for Cool Whip in many recipes too: Ambrosia type salads, trifles, pies, whipped Jello and no-bake cheesecake! Stay tuned for a brand new no-bake cheesecake recipe coming soon!
Make Ahead Whipped Cream (Stabilized)
- 1 cup heavy "whipping" cream very cold
- 1 tablespoon instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- You can whip by hand with a whisk or use your hand or stand mixer with whip/whisk accessory. Make sure your cream in nice a cold. You can also chill your bowl and beaters for extra fast whipping!
- Add cream and pudding mix to bowl and whip until lightly thickened. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Continue to whip until desired consistency. If making ahead, store covered in the refrigerator.