Easy Homemade Dog Treats!
Bake-up some of these “Barkies” today! All you need are 4 simple ingredients! Your doggie will love them! Woof woof!
Grind up some oats in a chopper, blender or food processor to make oat flour.
Mix-up the wet ingredients: peanut butter, egg and banana
Combine all ingredients and stir together.
Form into balls and flatten with a fork.
Peanut Butter and Banana “Barkies” (Dog Cookies) Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats divided
- 1/2 banana cut into 4 chunks
- 1/4 cup peanut butter no artificial sweeteners*
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease.
- Place 1½ cups oats in chopper or small food processor. Process until ground to a flour texture. Pour into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Place banana, peanut butter and egg in chopper or small food processor.
- Process until well combined, scrape down bowl and process some more, if needed.
- Pour mixture into bowl with oat flour. Add the remaining ¼ cup of (unground) oats.
- Stir together.
- Scoop 1-tablespoon portions and roll into balls. (or make whatever size your dog prefers)
- Flatten with the tines of a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for about 15 minutes for a softer center. (based on 1-tablespoon size)
- Let cool on baking sheet.
- Store in air-tight container for a few days or in the refrigerator/freezer for longer.