My good friend, Annie, makes this moist delicious bundt cake all the time. I love it! She was nice enough to let me share the recipe. It’s easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. I love the cheery light green color – it reminds me of spring – even though it’s cold and snowy outside today! It’s delicious with a dusting of powdered sugar or with a cream cheese glaze and a sprinkling of chopped pistachios.
It’s a quick cake to mix together as it starts with white cake mix and pistachio instant pudding – then you mix in eggs, oil and sour cream, which makes it tender and moist. The center of the cake has a ribbon of cinnamon sugar. This is a great cake for any occasion but with the swirl of cinnamon in the center, I love it with coffee for breakfast! lol!
Pistachio Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
- non-stick baking spray
- 1 3.4 ounce box pistachio instant pudding mix
- 1 box white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cups oil I used canola
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar (1 tablespoon sugar mixed with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)
- powdered sugar for dusting cake if desired
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk start with 2 tablespoons and add more to reach desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray bundt pan with non-stick baking spray
- Use stand mixer or hand mixer to mix cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream and oil until smooth.
- Pour in half the batter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Pour rest of batter.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then invert onto cake plate and allow to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if not making glaze.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- Whip cream cheese, then add powdered sugar and mix together.
- Add vanilla and 1 tablespoon milk. Mix until smooth. Add more milk to reach desired consistency.
- I make my glaze with my chopper. You can also mix by hand or use a hand or stand mixer.