Tails will be wagging for these homemade doggie treats!
These no-grain doggie treats are made with all-natural almond butter, pumpkin, egg, cinnamon and ginger! Now, your furry friend can enjoy a little of the “Pumpkin Spice” craze too! You can swap peanut butter for the almond butter, just make sure either do not contain any artificial sweeteners – better with no sweeteners.
The pumpkin should be pure canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling. I used a little bit of cinnamon and ginger, not pumpkin pie spice because clove oil and nutmeg have components in them that are not healthy for dogs in large amounts (even though this wouldn’t be a large amount – better safe than sorry.) …and of course you know your pet best, so please only make treats with ingredients you know are safe for your sweet pet.
Pumpkin Spice Puppy Kisses - Dog Treat Recipe
- 3/4 cup all natural almond butter or peanut butter with no artificial sweeteners
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger dry/powdered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium sized bowl, mix together all ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into a piping bag or large zip top bag and snip off the corner with scissors. Squeeze teaspoon sized drops/kisses onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool and store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days. May also be frozen.