Sweet Potato and Banana “Barkies” (Dog Cookies) Recipe
Homemade Dog Cookies with sweet potato and banana! You can bake these to whatever size and texture your dog prefers: chewy or crunchy!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 30 Dog Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats divided
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato see note
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease baking sheet.
- Place 1 ½ cups of the oats in chopper, small food processor or blender. Process until ground to a flour texture.
- Mix together banana, sweet potato and egg in mixer. (I used stand mixer with flat beater, could also use hand mixer or food processor.)
- Mix in the oat flour and the remaining ¼ cup of (unground) oats.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoon portions and roll into balls.
- Flatten with the tines of a fork in a criss-cross pattern or use the rounded end of a wooden spoon to make paw-prints.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes for a softer center.
- Let cool on baking sheet.
- Store in air-tight container in refrigerator or in freezer for longer.
I microwave a medium-sized sweet potato (pricked 4-5 times with fork) for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool until just warm or room temperature. Cut in half and scoop sweet potato out of skin. (discard skin.)
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!