Easy & Delicious Homemade Ice Cream!!
Reminds me of that old fashioned “Butter Brickle” flavor. It’s a rich and creamy, butter and brown sugar flavored base with crunchy toffee bits mixed in. So delicious!
Butter Toffee Crunch Ice Cream
Easy & Delicious Homemade Ice Cream!! Reminds me of that old fashioned "Butter Brickle" flavor. It's a Rich and creamy, butter and brown sugar flavored base with crunchy toffee bits mixed in. (Makes about 1.5 quarts)Print Pin Rate
- Ice Cream Maker
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup toffee bits plus more for sprinkles
- In small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add brown sugar, salt and half and half. Heat, stirring, until the brown sugar has dissolved or until small bubbles form around the edge of the pan. Don't boil. Let cool.
- Into the cooled mixture, add cold heavy cream and vanilla. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or until fully chilled before churning ice cream. (The butter will solidify – this is fine, it will smooth out and incorporate during the churning.)
- Follow directions for your specific ice cream maker to make ice cream.
- For my KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment: Make sure bowl is completely frozen. I freeze for 24 hours with my freezer on the coldest setting. Then attach to mixer. (see video in article for how-to.)
- Stir the ice cream mixture to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated. (the butter will be a little chunky – it will incorporate during the churning.)
- With frozen bowl attached to mixer, dasher and adaptor in place – run mixer on "stir" speed and pour in chilled ice cream mixture.
- Churn for about 20-25 minutes or until "soft-serve" texture. During last minute of churning add your toffee bits.
- Transfer ice cream to freezer safe container and freeze for 2-4 hours to "ripen" or firm-up for scooping. (I try to choose a "wide-enough" container to make scooping easier.)
Nutrition (approx. data estimated via online nutritional calculator.)
Calories: 289kcal (14%) | Carbohydrates: 22g (7%) | Protein: 2g (4%) | Fat: 22g (34%) | Saturated Fat: 14g (88%) | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg (24%) | Sodium: 94mg (4%) | Potassium: 99mg (3%) | Sugar: 20g (22%) | Vitamin A: 781IU (16%) | Vitamin C: 1mg (1%) | Calcium: 77mg (8%) | Iron: 1mg (6%)
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud – Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!