I look forward to making this recipe every St. Patrick’s Day!
Whenever I make my Whiskey Glazed Corned Beef Recipe, I make this corned beef hash and eggs for dinner the next night with the leftover corned beef! I love it with toasted and buttered English muffins! mmm…can’t wait for the next St. Patrick’s Day!
Whiskey Glazed Corned Beef Hash and Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups golden potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes or yams peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sweet onion chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 2 cups cooked corned beef diced, leftover from Whiskey Glazed Corned Beef
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- 4 eggs
- chopped parsley if desired
- Leftover whiskey glaze if desired from Whiskey Glazed Corned Beef recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Simmer the potatoes in a saucepan of salted water until they are tender, about 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large (oven safe) saute pan over medium heat. Add onions, bell pepper and pepper flakes and cook until soft about 5 minutes.
- Add the corned beef, Worcestershire and vinegar. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring to combine.
- Add the potatoes and cream. Cook, gently stirring for another two minutes. Add salt to taste, if desired.
- Use a spoon to make 4 round wells in the hash to hold the eggs. Crack an egg into a small bowl and pour into a well. Repeat with other eggs. Let cook for about 3 minutes to set the bottom of the eggs.
- Transfer to oven to cook eggs to desired doneness. Remove from oven and serve. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and drizzle with leftover whiskey glaze if desired.