These cute treats can be decorated for any occasion or holiday! Here they are decorated like little monster pops for Halloween!
Licorice Tree: How-to-video
Cookie Crumbs “Dirt”: I made cookie crumbs from chocolate sandwich cookies in my food processor or mini-chopper. For this 13-inch platter, I used about 3 cups of crumbs (1/2 package cookies)
Royal Icing for “glueing” candy corn fence: Recipe
Love these cute and easy Halloween treats!!
Cookie & Cream Cheese Truffle Pops
- 2 cups crunchy cookies broken into 1 - 1 1/2 pieces (chocolate sandwich cookies, chocolate biscotti, pretty much any crunchy cookie will work)
- 3 ounces cream cheese cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 10 ounces white chocolate candy melts or white chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil if needed to thin the candy melts/chocolate chips
- candy eyes if making monster pops
- colored sprinkles
- 6 inch pop sticks
- In food processor, process the cookies to make crumbs. Add the cream cheese and process until well combined.
- Use a teaspoon or cookie scoop to scoop about 2-teaspoon portions. Roll into balls. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- While chilling, use the microwave (30-second intervals) to melt the candy melts or white chocolate chips. Add coconut oil, a teaspoon at a time to reach desired consistency. Stir until smooth.
- Insert a pop-stick into each truffle ball. Dip and swirl in melted white chocolate. Dip or sprinkle with colored sprinkles and add a candy eye.
- Refrigerate until ready to display and serve.
- Can make several days in advance.