Recipe Photo Tutorial:
Note: I used a KitchenAid 6-quart Programmable Slow Cooker and a 10-pound spiral sliced ham for this recipe.
Recipe may need to be adjusted for various makes/models/sizes of slow cookers
Slow Cooker Spiral Sliced Ham
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 8-10 pound spiral sliced ham
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard (I used Gulden's)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot) - Optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In bottom of slow cooker stir together orange juice and brown sugar.
- Add ham to slow cooker with slices facing upwards.
- You can trim a little ham if needed to fit. (I just tucked the little pieces in next to the ham.)
- Stir together the glaze ingredients. Brush half over the top of the ham and reserve the rest.
- Set slow cooker to low, cover (I used the lid seal) and cook for about 6 hours or until ham reaches an internal temperature of at least 140 degrees F.
- If desired, when the ham is finished in slow cooker, you can remove to an oven/broil safe dish/pan, brush with remaining glaze, then broil about 4 inches from the heating elements for about 5 minutes or until the top is nicely browned.