Hot, Steamy and Ultra Creamy Alfredo Sauce in 6 Minutes!!
(…and no standing at the stove, stirring and stirring…) Once it’s finished you can add some cheddar cheese to transform the alfredo sauce to a cheese sauce! Pour over cooked elbow macaroni for mac and cheese! (I baked mine for about 20 minutes at 350 F to get all nice and bubbly.) This recipe utilizes a high speed/high performance blender. I used the KitchenAid High Performance Blender (3 Peak HP). As long as your blender is the type that can use its high speed/friction to make hot soups, you should be able to make these sauces.
Steamy Blender Alfredo Sauce and Cheese Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese (I used Philadelphia brand)
- 1 tablespoon flour (or gluten free flour blend. I used King Arthur Flour GF Blend)
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese cut into 1" chunks
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 6 ounces mild cheddar cheese cut into 1" chunks
- In a small skillet sauté garlic in butter for 30 seconds - 1 minute or until softened, then add to blender.
- Add milk, cream, cream cheese, flour, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Turn blender on high/MAX. In about 30 seconds the mixture may thicken and need to be tamped down. Blend on MAX speed until it automatically shuts off – 6 min. (This is a feature of the KitchenAid High Speed Blender. For other blenders, turn off after 6-minutes or when hot and steamy.)
- The sauce will thicken even more as it rests.
- To make cheese sauce, add cheddar cheese after the blender automatically shuts off /when alfredo sauce is finished and blend on MAX for about 1 minute or until all cheese is combined.