I always serve this coleslaw when I make my Whiskey Glazed Corned Beef for St. Patrick’s Day!
Sweet and Sour Coleslaw with Warm Bacon Dressing
I always serve this coleslaw when I make my Whiskey Glazed Corned Beef for St. Patrick's Day! Cuisine at Home, April, 2007 (minor changes made)Print Pin Rate
- 5 strips thick-sliced bacon diced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 16-ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt to taste
- Cook bacon in saute pan over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towel lined plate. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
- Whisk in flour and cook for a minute. Deglaze pan with wine and then add the vinegar, apple juice, syrup, mustard and pepper flakes. Simmer until slightly thickened about 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve, pour hot mixture over coleslaw and onion. Top with bacon and parsley, toss to coat. Add salt to taste.
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!
Leave a Reply