Delicious protein packed, gluten-free, savory cheddar & broccoli muffins!
Recipe adapted from “Savory Cottage Cheese Muffins” by “Hey Nutrition Lady” – Amounts edited to make 6 muffins – as I like to bake them in my counter-top oven and use my smaller 6-cup muffin tin. I also added some seasonings. You can double the recipe for a larger 12-cup muffin tin to bake in your standard sized oven.
Cottage Cheese Savory Breakfast Muffins
- 1 muffin tin – 6-cup
- 6 Parchment muffin liners or use a silicone muffin tin
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese 4%
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
Dry Ingredients: Whisk together in small bowl:
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped, thawed frozen broccoli squeeze out any excess moisture
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use silicone muffin tins or line regular muffin tins with parchment liners or squares of parchment. (These muffins love to stick to the pan, don't skip this step.)
- In large bowl, mix together cottage cheese, eggs and milk.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in separate small bowl. Mix into wet mixture. Stir in your broccoli and cheddar.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin. They will be full.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. or until puffed and slightly browned. They will spring back when gently touched.