My good friend, Annie, makes this moist delicious bundt cake all the time. I love it! She was nice enough to let me share the recipe. It’s easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. I love the cheery light green color – it reminds me of spring – even though it’s cold and snowy outside today! It’s delicious with a dusting of powdered sugar or with a cream cheese glaze and a sprinkling of chopped pistachios.
It’s a quick cake to mix together as it starts with white cake mix and pistachio instant pudding – then you mix in eggs, oil and sour cream, which makes it tender and moist. The center of the cake has a ribbon of cinnamon sugar. This is a great cake for any occasion but with the swirl of cinnamon in the center, I love it with coffee for breakfast! lol!
Pistachio Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
- non-stick baking spray
- 1 3.4 ounce box pistachio instant pudding mix
- 1 box white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cups oil I used canola
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar (1 tablespoon sugar mixed with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)
- powdered sugar for dusting cake if desired
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk start with 2 tablespoons and add more to reach desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray bundt pan with non-stick baking spray
- Use stand mixer or hand mixer to mix cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream and oil until smooth.
- Pour in half the batter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Pour rest of batter.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then invert onto cake plate and allow to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if not making glaze.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- Whip cream cheese, then add powdered sugar and mix together.
- Add vanilla and 1 tablespoon milk. Mix until smooth. Add more milk to reach desired consistency.
- I make my glaze with my chopper. You can also mix by hand or use a hand or stand mixer.
Thank you very much for the recipe.
Sure thing Estella – Thanks for stopping by!
Maded this cake tonight and it was delicious! I used both my KitchenAid mixer and Chopper and it was so easy!
Hi Randy! Thanks so much for letting me know you loved the cake!! Take Care! Tina
Hi Tina, I was so proud to make a cake that was moist and the recipe was easy to follow directions. Every thing I needed was at one grocery store.My son say it was good. I thought so too plus it was pretty.You made feel so happy that I made the way it looked on the picture. Pistachio Bundt Cake 5star Nov.28,2019.
Hi Carolyn – So glad you and your son enjoyed the cake!! Love to hear it!!
Thank you Tina and QVC
Patricia L. Barichivich
Could you possibly bell me what size bundt pan you used? I have several different sizes and I like the cake to be tall as opposed to being wider. I can’t wait to try it!
Hi Patricia – Yes, I wish Bundt pans were labeled with sizes. So I poured 2 quarts of water inside and it almost reached the inner rim – where the decorative pattern changes. This is one of those more decorative bundt pans, It’s definitely smaller than my traditional style Bundt pan. Hope that helps!