Beautiful Beet Hummus
Love the gorgeous color of this delicious beet hummus! The beet flavor is subtle and accented with garlic, fresh lemon juice and cumin. Decorate the top with whatever you like! I used: lemon zest, black sesame seeds, parsley, a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 8 servings
- chopper, food processor or blender
- 1-2 small cooked beets* cut into about 1" pieces
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 15.5 ounce can garbanzo / chick peas rinsed & drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- Add beet(s) and garlic clove to chopper, food processor or blender. Pulse to finely chop beet and garlic.
- Add chick peas, water, 2 tablespoons olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, cumin and salt.
- Process/blend until smooth – stop and scrape bowl as needed.
- If needed, add 1 more tablespoon olive oil to loosen texture. Taste and add more if desired.
- Store in air-tight container in refrigerator for about 5 days.
Beets:I have roasted fresh beets for this, used canned and also used the pre-cooked ones in the produce department. To Roast: Trim top and bottom, scrub, wrap individually in foil and place on baking sheet – roast about 40-50 minutes at 400 degrees F. (timing will depend on size/amount of beet(s).
Garnish Ideas:This hummus is a gorgeous pink shade – it’s fun to swirl in a low bowl and decorate with some garnishes. I garnished mine with sliced radish, parsley leaves, lemon zest, flaky sea salt, black sesame seeds and a drizzle of olive oil.
Nutrition (approx. data estimated via online nutritional calculator.)
Calories: 59kcal (3%) | Carbohydrates: 2g (1%) | Protein: 1g (2%) | Fat: 6g (9%) | Saturated Fat: 1g (6%) | Sodium: 155mg (7%) | Potassium: 56mg (2%) | Fiber: 1g (4%) | Sugar: 1g (1%) | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 2mg (2%) | Calcium: 9mg (1%) | Iron: 1mg (6%)
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud – Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!