These easy no-bake treats make delicious homemade holiday gifts! (Recipe is easily double or tripled for larger batches.)
Peppermint Bark Truffles
These easy no-bake treats make delicious homemade holiday gifts! (Recipe is easily double or tripled for larger batches.)Print Pin Rate
Servings: 11 -12 Truffles
- 13 chocolate sandwich cookies (Such as Oreos)
- 2 ounces cream cheese cut into 1" pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 10 ounces vanilla candy melts of white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons solid shortening or coconut oil (if needed to thin chocolate texture)
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes (you can crush your own candy canes in a chopper or food processor)
- Pulse cookies in chopper or food processor to make crumbs. Add cream cheese and peppermint extract if desired. Process until uniformly mixed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Scoop a 1-tablespoon portion of dough and roll into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all balls are formed. Chill the balls in the freezer for about 10 minutes or in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- While the balls are chilling: Melt candy melts according to package directions - or - Melt white chocolate chips: place a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water. The bottom of the bowl should not touch the water. Add your chocolate and shortening and stir until smooth. I usually keep the bowl over the warm water while I'm dipping the balls so the chocolate stays melted longer. (Can also microwave at 30-second intervals)
- Dip each ball, swirling to coat and remove with a spoon, fork or chocolate dipping tool. Place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle each with crushed candy canes and continue until all balls are coated.
- Chill until chocolate is set.
- Storage: Arrange in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for a few days or freeze.
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!