Carrot and Cheddar Chewies (Homemade Dog Treats)
Homemade dog treats! They bake up nice and soft!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 60 chewies
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup oatmeal (old fashioned)
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup chicken broth dog safe, no onion/garlic - can swap with water if in doubt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- In mixer bowl add yogurt, carrot, cheddar and oatmeal and half of flour mixture.
- Mix on low speed and gradually add the remaining flour mixture.
- Drizzle in the egg and broth.
- Mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Scoop 1 teaspoon portions, roll to form a ball and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Use a fork to flatten slightly (they will puff a little during baking.) They do not spread much during baking, so you can place them close together on pan.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside but still soft on the inside.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Keep in refrigerator for a few days or freeze. *
*Homemade softer pet treats (don't have preservatives)- They keep best in the refrigerator or freezer.
Nutrition (approx. data estimated via online nutritional calculator.)
Calories: 23kcal (1%) | Carbohydrates: 4g (1%) | Protein: 1g (2%) | Fat: 1g (2%) | Saturated Fat: 1g (6%) | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg (1%) | Sodium: 28mg (1%) | Potassium: 25mg (1%) | Fiber: 1g (4%) | Sugar: 1g (1%) | Vitamin A: 192IU (4%) | Vitamin C: 1mg (1%) | Calcium: 19mg (2%) | Iron: 1mg (6%)
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!