Family Style Arugula Salad with Balsamic Glazed Prosciutto Chicken Recipe
Marinated boneless skinless chicken breasts wrapped with prosciutto glazed with balsamic honey glaze and served on an arugula salad.Print Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon minced/pressed garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme (can substitute 1 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend for fresh herbs)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 paper thin slices prosciutto (4-ounce package)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 ounces baby arugula or other greens
- 1/4 cup shaved or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- Combine marinade ingredients in gallon sized zip-top bag, seal and shake to combine. Add chicken breasts and marinate 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a cutting board, lay out 2 slices of prosciutto next to each other, overlapping about ½-inch. Don’t worry if they tear apart a bit, just piece it together.
- Remove a chicken breast from marinade (reserve marinade), lay in center of prosciutto, wrap the prosciutto over the chicken breast and place on broiler rack.
- Repeat process with other 3 breasts. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Make Glaze: While chicken is baking, pour the marinade in a small saucepan and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Brush chicken breasts with glaze, turn over and brush again.
- Increase oven heat to 375 degrees F. and bake for 10 more minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F. internal temperature.)
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Toss the greens with as much dressing as you like in a large bowl.
- Arrange greens on a large platter, top with Parmesan and tomatoes.
- Arrange chicken breasts over salad and serve family style.
Note: This recipe is written to bake using the convection function of the KitchenAid Countertop Ovens. If using a non-convection oven, cooking times may need to be adjusted.Combine marinade ingredients in gallon sized zip-top bag, seal and shake to combine. Add chicken breasts and marinate 2 hours to overnight.
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!