Betty, pandowdy, cobbler, grunt, slump, buckle…
This dessert makes about 10-12 servings (13 x 9-inch pan.) If you’d like to make a smaller batch: See my Berry Rhubarb Crisp Recipe – 6 servings (2-quart dish.)
Have a favorite baked fruit dessert? Mine is the crisp! Mmm…apple, cherry, blueberry, strawberry, peach! The possibilities are endless. I love this simple dessert that is a cinch to pull together. It is amazing served slightly warm with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream…that starts to melt and mingle with the soft fruity juiciness…offset by the light tender crunch of the buttery brown sugared oatmeal topping…it just doesn’t get any better! You probably have the topping ingredients on hand right now – just pick up some yummy fruit and you are good to go!
Easy as 1-2-3! Cut the fruit, Make the topping & Bake!
Thanks for spending some time in the cloud with me! I hope you enjoy the recipe! Tina ( :
Strawberry, Blueberry, Rhubarb Crisp
- 1 1/2 pounds (4 cups, quartered) strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1 pint (2-cups) blueberries
- 2 cups rhubarb sliced 1/4"
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish.
- In large bowl, stir together berries, granulated sugar, cornstarch and vanilla. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- In food processor pulse together: butter, brown sugar, flour and salt until combined and crumbly.
- Stir in oatmeal. Spread topping over fruit.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until the fruit is juicy and bubbling all over.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
I’m so glad you’re definition of "easy" is the same as mine. I can actually do this!
Oh yes! We all need those "go-to" easy recipes!! ( :
Hope you guys are off to a great summer!!
Perfect for the holiday!
Have a nice 4th Marie ( :
Wendy Whipple Rusch
I just put a pan of this into the oven!!! Can’t wait til dessert time!!!!!!!!!! YUMMM 🙂
Have a great 4th Wendy – enjoy!! ( :
Wendy Whipple Rusch
IT WAS Wonderful!!! Everyone LOVED it!!! Thank You for this recipe!!!
My 4th was great!!! Hoping yours was as well!!! :o)
Well this made my day Wendy!! So happy everyone loved it!!
We had a great 4th too – TY!
I j St put that s in a pie crust and waiting to see how it come out!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Yummy! let me know how it works out!!