I hope the tails in your home will be wagging for these homemade dog treats! Woof!
They’re made with plain Greek yogurt, oats, egg, whole wheat flour, beef broth and cheddar cheese! Mix up the simple dough, roll them, cut them and bake! The recipe makes about 30 treats. I used a 3″ long bone shaped cookie cutter. They keep for several days in an air-tight container or they freeze very well.
Homemade Yogurt & Cheddar Dog Biscuits
Tails will be wagging for these homemade dog treats! They're made with plain Greek yogurt, oats, egg, whole wheat flour, beef broth and cheddar cheese! (If your dog can't have dairy - check out my other pet treat recipes!)Print Pin Rate
Servings: 30 biscuits (approx.)
- 1 cup unsweetened plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs divided (1 for egg wash)
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour plus additional for rolling dough
- 2-4 tablespoons beef broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix yogurt and egg until well combined..
- Stir in the oats and let sit for about 5 minutes. The oats will absorb some of the moisture.
- Add the flour and mix until combined. Will be crumbly.
- Drizzle in enough beef broth until the dough pulls together, but is still stiff. I used 3 tablespoons.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese.
- Roll the dough to about 3/8" thickness and cut into desired shapes. I used a 3" long bone shaped cookie cutter. You'll need to re-roll the dough a few times to use it all up. Place them on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Whisk together remaining egg with 2 teaspoons water to make an egg wash. Brush the biscuits with the egg wash.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for a few days or freeze and just take out a few to thaw as needed.
Only feed your dog foods that you know are safe for him/her, when in doubt check with your veterinarian. This recipe contains cheese and yogurt, if your dog can't have dairy - check my site for lots of other dog and pet recipes! Look under "Tina's Recipes" and scroll down to "Pet Recipes".
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!
Love this Tina.
Question— can we get the new noodle blade separate from QVC?
Hi Sheila – Yes, I don’t believe it’s in stock at QVC yet, but should be soon. KitchenAid.com has it – Look for model number: KSMSCAAP
My Tucker is pi KY but he loved these!
My Tucker is picky but he loved these!
So glad Tucker loves them Kim!!
Wheat / oats for dogs?
Of course, only choose recipes that are a match for you dog’s diet.