Perfect Autumn Hummus!
Butternut squash gives this hummus a gorgeous warm color and wonderful subtle flavor. The cumin and smoked paprika pair perfectly with the savory roasted butternut squash hummus.
To Make A Hummus Platter:
Need an easy and impressive appetizer for fall entertaining? Make a beautiful hummus platter! Would be the perfect starter for any autumnal get together or your Thanksgiving feast! Everyone will love scooping into your delicious work of art!
Dollop the hummus in the center of a large platter or cutting board, Use the back of a spoon to spread it out a bit and create some swirl marks in the hummus. Add a spoonful of room temperature pesto to one of the swirls and use the back of a spoon to fan it out. Garnish hummus with items such as: pitted kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese, toasted pepita seeds… Drizzle the hummus with a little olive oil and sprinkle with a dusting of smoked paprika. Arrange “dippers” around the hummus: raw vegetables, pita triangles, crostini etc. Enjoy!
Other Butternut Squash Recipes You’ll Enjoy!
Warm Butternut Squash and Black Bean Salsa
Warm Autumn Grain Salad with Butternut Squash and Leeks
Butternut Squash Stuffed Shells
Savory Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus
- 1 cup pre-cut butternut squash pieces
- 1/3 cup +1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 15-ounce can chick peas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt I use coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss butternut squash pieces with 1 tablespoon oil and spread out on baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown on the edges. Let cool. (This can be done a day or two ahead of time.)
- Add roasted and cooled butternut squash pieces to food processor, chopper or blender. Add garlic, chick peas, lemon juice, salt, pepper, cumin, smoked paprika and half the oil.
- Process until smooth drizzling in the remaining oil until desired consistency is reached.
Joyce Van LIEU
Love all recipes. Cant wait to receive my blender!
Thanks Joyce! Enjoy!