Warm Butternut Squash & Black Bean Salsa
Delicious warm salsa also makes a great filling for tacos, burritos, etc. Better Recipes, Mexican Contest Winner 9/6/12Print Pin Rate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash diced small
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup mild salsa jarred
- 1 cup black beans (canned, drained & rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onion thinly sliced
- tortilla chips
- Heat oil in large sauté pan (approx. 12”) over medium heat. Add squash, garlic, jalapeno, salt, pepper and cumin and cook stirring for a minute.
- Stir in salsa and black beans. Cover and reduce heat to maintain a slow simmer for 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Stir in lime juice, cilantro and green onion. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Can be made ahead and re-warmed.
This salsa also makes a delicious filling for quesadillas, tacos, burritos, etc…
Better Recipes, Mexican Contest Winner 9/6/12
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!
Leave a Reply