Baby Food in Pasta Dough??
Such a clever idea! The baby food I used is just a simple 100% vegetable puree and think of all the flavors you can test out! You could probably “sneak” veggies into lots of recipes this way…hmm…
Spring Pea and Spinach Pasta Dough Recipe
The secret ingredient in this recipe is Baby Food! Such a clever idea! The baby food I used is just a simple 100% vegetable puree and think of all the flavors you can test out! You could probably "sneak" veggies into lots of recipes this way...hmm...Print Pin Rate
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pea and spinach puree baby food
- 2 tablespoons water (plus extra if needed)
- 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus extra for rolling)*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In 2-cup liquid measuring cup, whisk together eggs, baby food and water.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups flour and salt in bowl of stand mixer with dough hook attached.
- Turn mixer to speed 1 to mix flour and salt. With mixer running slowly drizzle in egg mixture. Add more flour if mixture is too wet.
- Shift to speed 2 and allow to mix/knead for a few minutes until a shaggy mixture forms and it starts to hold together.
- If needed, drizzle in another 1-2 tablespoons water, half tablespoons at a time. Dough should be somewhat dry, but able to be pressed into a ball.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and allow to rest for 30 minutes before rolling.
Note: Start with the lowest amount of flour and add more as needed. The dough should mostly pull together into a rough ball. There may be some dry bits left in the bottom of the bowl, this is normal. Pasta dough should be fairly dry as it will continue to hydrate as it rests. Humidity and amount of moisture in other ingredients can affect the amount of flour needed.
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!
I am very interested in the recipe for cloud bread (keto).I have not been able to locate it.
Here you go! https://www.epicuricloud.com/recipe/parmesan-herb-cloud-bread/