Baby Food in Pasta Dough??
Such a clever idea! The baby food I used is just a simple 100% vegetable puree and think of all the flavors you can test out! You could probably “sneak” veggies into lots of recipes this way…hmm…
Spring Pea and Spinach Pasta Dough Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pea and spinach puree baby food
- 2 tablespoons water (plus extra if needed)
- 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus extra for rolling)*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In 2-cup liquid measuring cup, whisk together eggs, baby food and water.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups flour and salt in bowl of stand mixer with dough hook attached.
- Turn mixer to speed 1 to mix flour and salt. With mixer running slowly drizzle in egg mixture. Add more flour if mixture is too wet.
- Shift to speed 2 and allow to mix/knead for a few minutes until a shaggy mixture forms and it starts to hold together.
- If needed, drizzle in another 1-2 tablespoons water, half tablespoons at a time. Dough should be somewhat dry, but able to be pressed into a ball.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and allow to rest for 30 minutes before rolling.