Perfect muffins for fall!
These moist delicious muffins bake up super fluffy and are right on the line between savory and sweet. This muffin recipe is super quick and easy to make – thanks to boxed corn muffin mix! We love them warm with butter! The recipe is easily doubled for a quick dozen delicous muffins! Enjoy!
Easy Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
- Standard 6-cup Muffin Pan
- 1 (8.5 ounce) box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup buttermilk*
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add muffin mix, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar to mixing bowl – whisk to combine and break up lumps.
- Add buttermilk, eggs and pumpkin puree and mix until just combined. Let sit 3-5 minutes.
- Gently stir again to break up any lumps.
- Grease or spray 6-cup muffin pan – making sure to get the top edge – these muffins puff a lot.
- Spoon batter evenly into pan.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Let cool a few minutes in pan before removing to wire rack. If storing in container or bag – let cool completely.
- These muffins hold up well for a couple days or you can freeze them.
- Add 1 teaspoon white vinegar to the 1/3 cup milk and let sit 5-10 minutes.
- Add 1 rounded tablespoon plain regular or Greek yogurt to measuring cup, then fill up to 1/3 cup mark with milk and stir.