Delicious zucchini bread updated with tangy lemon flavor!
We have always made zucchini bread with warm spices such as cinnamon and cloves, but this summer I made a lighter-tasting lemon version. We loved it – especially the tangy lemon glaze!
Lemon Zucchini Bread with Lemon Glaze
Updated zucchini bread with lemon zest, juice and a lemon glaze to top it off! It's a new family favorite for us!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 10 servings
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup oil I use canola or safflower
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon about 2 generous teaspoons
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Grease bottom only of 9 x 5 x 3 inch pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Arrange oven rack to lower-center position.
- Mix zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla, eggs, lemon juice and lemon zest in large bowl.
- In small bowl stir together the remaining dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes – 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. You can also check the temperature of the bread with an instant read thermometer. It should read between 200°F and 205°F at the center of the bread when it is done.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then turn out onto platter or wire rack.
Glaze - While cooling make glaze
- Whisk together powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and zest. Add more lemon juice as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle bread with glaze before completely cool.
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!