An easy and delicious frittata that’s 100% baked in the oven. Classic frittatas usually are started on the stovetop and finished in the oven. This is my quick & easy take on the frittata.
My Other Frittata Recipes:
- Check out my classic skillet Frittata – Fennel, Olive & Feta frittata here!
- Muffin Tin Sweet Potato and Bacon Mini Frittatas recipe here!
This easy frittata is filled with spinach, peppers, onion, potato and cheddar cheese and baked in a 9″ baking dish.
Since I’m using frozen spinach and frozen hash brown potatoes – I decided to use frozen chopped onions and peppers too – kept it super simple! But feel free to use fresh as well!
The frittata makes 9 servings. You can make it a day ahead and it freezes well too!
Easy Baked Veggie Frittata
- 9-inch baking pan
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup chopped onion frozen or fresh
- 2 cups diced frozen potatoes hash browns
- 1 16-ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt coarse kosher
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9-inch baking pan or spray with non-stick spray.
- In large skillet over medium heat, add oil, peppers, onion and potatoes. Cook until thawed and warm. Approx. 5-8 minutes. (If using fresh vegetables, cook until tender.)
- Add warm vegetables to baking pan. Sprinkle with spinach and cheddar cheese.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs. Add salt, pepper, cream, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Whisk to combine. Pour over vegetables and cheese in baking pan.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until golden brown around the edges, and almost set in the center. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.