These beautiful and delicious pickled red onions are tasty on flatbread, pizza, burgers, tacos, hot dogs, chili, pretty much anything! They take the “bite” out of raw onions. They’re simple to prepare and keep in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks! They make a great hostess gift too!
Tina’s Quick Pickled Red Onions
- 1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups red onion thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- In small saucepan over medium heat, combine vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring to boil, stirring to make sure sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat, add onions, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat add thyme sprigs and keep lid on for 10 minutes.
- Remove to airtight glass container and refrigerate for up to two weeks.