Grab & Go Breakfast!
These mini frittatas are baked in a regular sized muffin pan. You can prepare them ahead of time for easy protein packed breakfasts! They keep in the refrigerator for a couple days and freeze very well too.
You can customize with whatever ingredients you like! I used sweet potato, bacon and cheddar!
It’s a good idea to sauté whatever vegetable(s) you want to add to reduce the moisture they’ll give out. I used half and half, but you could use whatever dairy you like, milk or cream work well too!
I like to add my veggies, bacon and cheese first, then pour the egg mixture over top. That way the filling ingredients are more evenly dispersed.
They really puff up in the oven, then settle down once they start cooling! If you are eating lower carb, these are a great option!
Sweet Potato and Bacon Mini Frittatas
- 6 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and shredded about 2 cups
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion or minced onion
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half milk or cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup standard muffin pan.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crispy. Remove to paper towel lined plate. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon fat in skillet, drain off excess.
- Cook sweet potato in skillet over medium low heat until wilted (about 5 minutes). Stir in green onions. Turn off heat and set aside. (if using regular onions instead of green onions, cook them with the sweet potatoes.)
- Whisk together eggs, half and half, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Fill each cup with evenly with the sweet potato, green onion, bacon and cheese. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top. (Sometimes you need to spoon a little egg from one cup to another to even them out.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. (Will puff up a lot while baking, then will settle down once cool.) Let cool about 5 minutes in pan. Loosen the edges with a thin knife to remove.
Nutrition (approx. data estimated via online nutritional calculator.)
Perfect for Pinning on Pinterest! ⬇️