We love pesto!!
I love all kinds of pesto – we all do! Traditional basil pesto is yummy, but I also love this version that has a good amount of spinach in it! You get the basil taste along with all the super-food qualities of spinach!
This Arugula and Walnut Pesto is very good too! I especially like to make this one in the winter months, when I don’t have basil growing on my deck.
I love pesto on just about anything!
Spinach & Basil Pesto is delicious with:
- Classic Ham & Bean Soup!
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin and Juicy Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
- Our Favorite Chicken Marinade – Grilled Chicken
Pin for Later on Pinterest: ⬇️
Spinach and Basil Pesto
- 1/2 cup basil leaves lightly packed in measuring cup
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach lightly packed in measuring cup
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts can skip or use almonds, walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup olive oil
- In chopper, food processor or blender, chop up all ingredients except oil. Then add oil, 1/3 cup to start, and process to desired texture. (Add more salt if desired.)
- Store covered in refrigerator. Lasts about a 5 days.