An updated version of a favorite summer slaw! Tasty and sturdy broccoli slaw, combines with veggies, crunchy toasted almonds and ramen noodle bits. It all gets tossed with a homemade sesame soy dressing.
I used to make a version of this cole slaw with shredded cabbage back in 2012…found it in my files! I updated it this week with sturdier and tasty broccoli slaw! I love it all over again! Will be a perfect side dish for all the cook-outs this summer.
Toast up some almonds and half a package of those dried ramen noodles – all crunched up. Combine a bag of broccoli slaw – comes in a 9 or 12-ounce bag and is a combo of julienned broccoli stalk, carrots and sometimes purple cabbage. I add in another cup of whatever veggies I have on hand: red bell pepper, snow peas, sugar snap peas, carrots, etc… Then I mix up a quick dressing. I usually prepare all the components and then toss the dressing with the salad before serving and add the crunchy ramen bits and almonds at the last minute.
Pin to Pinterest:
Broccoli Slaw with Sesame Soy Dressing
- 1/2 3-ounce package ramen noodles discard the seasoning packet
- 3 tablespoons slivered or sliced almonds
- 1 9-12 ounce package broccoli slaw
- 1 cup thinly sliced vegetables red pepper, carrot, snow pea or sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives or 2 tablespoons green onions
Sesame Soy Dressing
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup oil I use olive or avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Crunch up the ramen into smaller bits. Combine the ramen and almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 min. or until toasted.
- In salad bowl combine broccoli slaw, 1 cup thinly sliced vegetables and chives or green onions.
- In small bowl or jar with lid, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk or shake together.
- When ready to serve, toss the dressing with the broccoli slaw mixture. Top with the ramen and almonds and toss to combine.