So much better than store bought!!!
Confession: I haven’t made homemade guacamole in a little while – have been buying it… “why o’ why??” What a mistake! …and it’s expensive too!
Homemade is just so, so, so much better x 100!!!
Store Bought = Pasty or watery in texture + lackluster flavor
Homemade = Creamy & Chunky + WOW fresh flavor! (Customizable too!)
Stand Mixer Guacamole?
Why use a stand mixer to make guacamole? Well, you can totally mash this by hand, but I really love the texture you get from mashing with your stand mixer! …and it’s quick an easy – the stand mixer does all the work! You can make your guacamole super creamy and as chunky as you like – depending how long you mix it. Use your flat beater (regular paddle).
Ripening & Storing Avocados:
It’s easy to get frustrated and give up on buying fresh avocados. Been there… Took me a while to figure out when to move them from the counter to the refrigerator. At the market, avoid the avocados that are squishy – I prefer firmer ones.
When I get them home, I sit them on the counter next to my bananas (more info. on that here.) Usually a couple days later… As soon as they give a little bit when pressed up near the little stem-end, move them into the refrigerator. They keep pretty long in the refrigerator. The avocados in the photo above with the mixer were in the refrigerator just about a week (they had a few brown spots), but overall were perfect!
Two Great Guacamole Tips!
- Soak Onion & Garlic in Lime Juice: Juice your lime first, then chop your onion and mince your garlic. Stir them together in a little bowl. Let them sit while you prep everything else. The acid in the lime juice will “tame” the raw garlic and onion flavor just a little bit. (You won’t be tasting raw garlic and onion on your tongue for hours – or maybe that just happens to me??)
- Salt + Avocado = Creamy Mashing: Start by mashing your avocado chunks along with the coarse kosher salt. The grit of the salt works as an abrasive, breaking down the avocado – making them super creamy.
Guacamole! Stand Mixer
- 1 lime juiced 2-3 tablespoons
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 avocados, cut into chunks
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt adjust to taste
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-2 tablespoons finely minced jalapeno optional
- Combine lime juice, garlic and onion in a small bowl, stir and let sit. The acid in the lime juice will "tame" the garlic and onion a little bit.
- In stand mixer bowl with flat beater (paddle) combine avocado and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix on low speed until the mixture is as smooth as you like.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (including the lime/garlic/onion mixture) and mix to combine. Add more salt to taste.
- Can be made a couple hours in advance. Store in refrigerator with plastic wrap pressed all over the surface to help keep from turning brown.
Nutrition (approx. data estimated via online nutritional calculator.)
Pin to Pinterest for Later: ⬇️