Snickerdoodles + Pumpkin = A delicious chewy fall twist on the original snickerdoodle!
Chewy Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
Snickerdoodles with a fall twist! – just in time for fall baking! I added a little pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice to my Mom's classic snickerdoodle recipe and they are the best pumpkin cookies!! I just love the chewy texture and the spiced sugar coating!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 36 cookies
- 1 electric mixer
Cookie Dough Wet Ingredients:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (canned pumpkin puree) not pumpkin pie filling – I use Libby's
Cookie Dough Dry Ingredients:
- 3 cups + 1 tablespoon (391 g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Spiced Sugar to Roll the Cookie Balls In:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Cream together the butter and sugars for several minutes or until fluffy and lighter in color.
- Mix in pumpkin, egg yolk and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- Mix in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours or overnight. If dough becomes too sticky when handling – put back in refrigerator to chill some more.
- While dough is chilling and approx. 30 min. before baking – Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop rounded 1 tablespoon portions of dough, roll into ball and roll in spiced sugar mixture. Place balls on ungreased or parchment lined baking sheets. I use 1/2 sheet pans and fit 12 balls per pan.
- Bake for approx. 11-13 minutes. They will be domed and crackly and still a bit soft in the center.
- Let them cool a couple minutes on the baking sheet and then move to the cooling rack to cool completely. Once cooled the puffed centers will settle into more level cracked centers, that will be delightfully chewy.
- Store in an airtight container for several days. You can also freeze them.
Nutrition (approx. data estimated via online nutritional calculator.)
Calories: 165kcal (8%) | Carbohydrates: 26g (9%) | Protein: 2g (4%) | Fat: 6g (9%) | Saturated Fat: 3g (19%) | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 19mg (6%) | Sodium: 107mg (5%) | Potassium: 64mg (2%) | Fiber: 1g (4%) | Sugar: 11g (12%) | Vitamin A: 701IU (14%) | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 11mg (1%) | Iron: 1mg (6%)
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud – Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!