A steaming hot summer day calls for…Popsicles!
We’ve had a few scorchers this week, so we spent the afternoon having a popsicle making party! My girls helped me make some mango, lime and honey ones and then they made their own…strawberry, banana smoothie pops & citrus pops. We’re already down to our last few, so it’s time to make some more. They’re super fast and easy to make and you don’t really need any special popsicle molds – we made a bunch in little paper cups.
The mango, lime and honey popsicles are made from really ripe mangoes we pureed with some lime juice and honey. They are more like “frozen fruit puree pops” not watery ice pops. You are actually eating a good serving of real fruit in a delicious and refreshing way. We also made a batch with mint pureed in them that remind me of a yummy mango mojito. Woohoo!
Mango, Lime & Honey Popsicles:
Thanks for spending some time in the cloud with me! I hope you enjoy the recipes! Tina ( :
Mango, Lime & Honey Frozen Fruit Bars / Popsicles
- 5 cups cubed mango (3-4 mangoes)
- 2 limes juiced
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 12 mint leaves (for mint version)
- Peel the mangoes and slice off the flesh around the pit. Cut the slices into rough chunks.
- Puree in food processor or blender.
- Add the lime juice, honey and mint (if desired). Process again until well blended.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer or sieve. You'll need to stir/press with a spatula to get it all through.
- Pour into your mold or cups.
- If using popsicle sticks, cover the popsicle mold or cups with plastic wrap, pierce a tiny slit in the center of the plastic wrap with a sharp knife and insert your popsicle stick about 3/4 of the way into the puree.
- Freeze overnight.
- To remove from popsicle molds, dip the bottom of the mold in warm water. To remove from paper cups, just peel off the paper.
Leave a Reply