Delicious moist quick bread loaf flavored with honey, warm spices and a touch or orange.
Sprinkle in some raisins and chopped pecans if you like! Drizzle the delicious orange glaze over the top when the bread is still slightly warm! Goes great with a cup of tea or coffee!
Orange Spice Honey Bread
Delicious moist quick bread loaf flavored with honey, warm spices and a touch or orange. Sprinkle in some raisins and chopped pecans if you like! Drizzle the delicious orange glaze over the top when the bread is still slightly warm! Goes great with a cup of tea or coffee!Print Pin Rate
Orange Spice Honey Bread
- 2 cups flour (260 grams)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- non-stick spray
- 1/2 cup raisins see note
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1-2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Arrange oven rack so top of pan will be in center of oven.
- Spray or grease bottom only of 8 x 4-inch loaf baking pan
- Add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, clove and salt to mixing bowl.
- Stir to mix all dry ingredients.
- Add honey, eggs, oil, milk, vanilla and orange zest.
- Stir just until all combined.
- Stir in any optional add-ins. (raisins, nuts)
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake about 1 hour + 5 minutes. (depending upon your oven and pan). Start checking at about 55 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center-top, should come out clean or with just a few moist crumbs. (Mine were 196-200 degrees F. when checked in the center with an instant read thermometer.)
- Let cool in pan at least 10 minutes, loosen edges with a thin sharp knife, then turn out onto cooling rack.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, orange zest and 1 tablespoon of the orange juice. Mix until smooth. Add more orange juice as needed to reach desired texture. (pourable, but not runny) Drizzle glaze over loaf when still a little warm.
Make Ahead:If you want to make ahead and/or freeze – wrap in plastic wrap once cool and wait to glaze until ready to serve.
To Help Keep Raisins From Sinking in Bread:Toss raisins in a little flour before folding them into the batter.
Nutrition (approx. data estimated via online nutritional calculator.)
Calories: 435kcal (22%) | Carbohydrates: 68g (23%) | Protein: 6g (12%) | Fat: 16g (25%) | Saturated Fat: 2g (13%) | Cholesterol: 71mg (24%) | Sodium: 262mg (11%) | Potassium: 102mg (3%) | Fiber: 1g (4%) | Sugar: 43g (48%) | Vitamin A: 118IU (2%) | Vitamin C: 2mg (2%) | Calcium: 85mg (9%) | Iron: 2mg (11%)
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud – Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!