Classic Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream!!
4 simple ingredients! Savor this scrumptious vanilla ice cream plain or mix-in something like chocolate chips or chopped up candy bars. I love to add those tiny peanut butter cups!
Easy Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream (No Eggs)
- Ice Cream Maker
- 2 1/2 cups half and half* divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste* or vanilla extract
- "add-ins" optional – see note
- (See notes for non-heating version.) In small saucepan, over medium-low heat. Add sugar, and 1 1/2 cups of the half and half. Heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved or until small bubbles form around the edge of the pan. (Don't boil) Let mixture cool.
- Into the cooled mixture, add remaining half and half, heavy cream and vanilla. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or until fully chilled before churning ice cream.
- Follow directions for your specific ice cream maker to make ice cream.
- When using KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment: Make sure bowl is completely frozen. I freeze for 24 hours with my freezer on the coldest setting. Then attach to mixer. (see video in article for how-to.)
- With frozen bowl attached to mixer, dasher and adaptor in place – run mixer on "stir" speed and pour in chilled ice cream mixture.
- Churn for about 20-25 minutes or until "soft-serve" texture. You may add "Add-ins" During last minute of churning.
- Enjoy as soft-serve texture or transfer ice cream to freezer safe container and freeze for 2-4 hours to "ripen" or firm-up for scooping. (I try to choose a "wide-enough" container to make scooping easier.)
Ice Cream Add-Ins:I like to add in about 1-cup – make sure the pieces are no larger than 1/2-inch.
- chocolate chips
- tiny peanut butter cups
- chopped up candy bars
- chopped malted milk balls