Perfect Fall Coffee Cake!
This moist delicious bundt cake is easy and always a crowd pleaser! It’s a quick cake to mix together as it starts with a spice cake mix and a box of lemon instant pudding – then you mix in orange juice, orange zest, eggs and oil, which makes it tender and moist.
The citrus flavor comes from the lemon pudding mix, orange juice, fresh orange zest and a drizzle of orange glaze! The citrus flavor is nicely balanced with the warm spices in the cake mix.
I love serving this cake as a coffee cake in the cooler fall weather! …it’s a great fall dessert (and it doesn’t have any pumpkin!) I love pumpkin, but it seems EVERY recipe for fall MUST have pumpkin – try this cake for something different – I really love the bright citrus with the warm spices – goes great with some hot coffee, tea or mulled cider!
Easy Spiced Citrus Cake (Super Moist!)
- Bundt Cake Pan 10-12 cup
- non-stick baking spray
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 (3.4) ounce box lemon instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil I used canola
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons orange juice start with 2 tablespoons and add more to reach desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 350* degrees F.
- Spray bundt pan (10-12 cup) with non-stick baking spray
- Use stand mixer or hand mixer to mix cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla until combined. Don't overmix.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or with a few crumbs. (*For dark pan, bake 325 for 45-50 min.)
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then invert onto cake plate and allow to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if not making glaze.
Orange Juice Glaze
- Whisk together powedered sugar and 2 Tablespoons of the orange juice until smooth.
- Add more orange juice to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.