Shred the chicken & mix the dip right in your stand mixer!
Classic buffalo chicken dip! It’s a favorite for sure – super tasty – not too spicy! We have it every Christmas Eve at our “Feast of 7 Appetizers” holiday get together!
Scoop in with whatever you like! Carrot and celery sticks or scooped chips!
Shred warm, moist chicken right in your stand mixer! I simmered my chicken (poached) in salted water. (Cut in half if large.) Place still warm chicken (drained) in stand mixer and use the flat beater on low speed to shred. Remove chicken and use same bowl to mix the dip.
Smooth out your cream cheese. I like the flex edge beater for this!
Add blue cheese dressing, hot sauce & mozzarella cheese! Mix on lowest speed to start.
Mix it up! – make sure to stop and scrape with a spatula to get all the cream cheese mixed in.
Add the chicken back to the mixture and mix to combine!
Spread in a 2-quart casserole and top with more cheesy goodness!
Grab some friends and dig in!
Perfect for Pinning: ⬇️
Buffalo Chicken Dip (Stand Mixer)
- 1 8-ounce brick cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup hot sauce I used Crystal
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing I used Marie's - refrigerated type
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken see note
- carrot, celery sticks, scoop chips suggestions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese in mixer until smooth and creamy. I like to use the flex edge beater.
- Add hot sauce, blue cheese dressing and 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese. Mix on lowest speed. Stop and scrape the bowl. Mix until combined.
- Add the chicken and stir to mix.
- Pour into 2 quart baking dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with carrot and celery sticks and/or scoop chips.
Hey, Tina!! Merry Christmas, kiddo! Can’t wait to try your buffalo chicken dip for the neighbors – okay, I know it’s called ‘buffalo’ because of the hot sauce, BUT…….is there something else I could use that wouldn’t be so HOT! I know, I know, a lot of people LOVE the hot sauce, but unfortunately, my family can’t. Can I use something else that would give it a little kick where it would be tolerable to eat, but not so much where we would be burning our tongues and throats off – please give me some other options!! My family and neighbors love chicken wings and I would like to offer something that everyone can eat – know what I mean?? We just can’t handle the hot stuff, but a little, safe kick would work – thanks co much Tina!! Debra Aline
Hi Debra! Merry Christmas to you too! Thanks for reaching out! The cream cheese, chicken, blue cheese and mozzarella cheese really do tame the heat of the hot sauce. For me it wasn’t spicy at all, but I know everyone has different tastes for spicy! If you’re worried about it being too hot, I would try this: Add part of the 3/4 cup of the hot sauce – maybe 1/4 or 1/2 cup to start – mix it in. Then I’d scoop out a tablespoon or two and give it a little zap in the microwave – then give it a taste. Add more of the hot sauce to taste! Then bake as the directions say. Let me know how it works out!