I have made these with the KitchenAid 9, 11 and 13 cup Food Processors (adapted from gimmedelicious.com)
Make Broccoli Tots in your Food Processor
Delicious broccoli tots made in your food processor!Print Pin Rate
- Non-stick cooking spray or oil
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 pieces sweet onion (1" x 1")
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg beaten in measuring cup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Blanch the broccoli florets in boiling water for 1 minute (should turn bright green), then remove and place in ice water to stop the cooking process and set the green color. Drain well.
- Mince Onion & Parsley: Start food processor (large bowl with multi-purpose, metal blade) on low. Add onion and parsley through the feed tube while food processor is running.
- Stop and add broccoli. Pulse first to break up. Run on high, stop scrape bowl and run some more if needed.
- Add breadcrumbs, cheese, salt and pepper - Pulse until combined. Run the FP on low and drizzle in beaten egg.
- Scoop about a 2-tablespoon portion of mixture. Gently give a squeeze with your hand, roll and pat into a “tater-tot” shape. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Spray them or drizzle with a little non-stick cooking spray or oil.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy about 18-22 minutes., turning them half-way through cooking.
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!