Your kitty will purr for these kitty cat treats with shredded carrots and a sprinkling of catnip! Treat your sweet fur baby today!
Roll the dough out 1/4″ thick, prick all over with a fork to help release moisture. Use a pizza wheel or pastry cutter to cut into bite-sized squares.
Bake for about 12 minutes for a chewy texture or longer for a drier texture.
Other Cat Treat Recipes:
- Pumpkin and Salmon Kitty Bits (Cat Treats)
- Tuna & Cheddar Whisker Biscuits; Homemade Cat Treats
- Purr-fect Kitty Salmon Treats
- Meow-ums Kitty Crackers
Carrot and Catnip Kitty Cat Treats
- 2 tablespoons oil I use coconut or olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups flour - plus additional flour for rolling dough Use whatever flour your cat can have – I used oat
- 1 tablespoon dried catnip optional
- 3/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cold water as needed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl add oil and mix in 1 cup of the flour until mixture looks sandy.
- Stir in catnip and carrots.
- Mix in egg. Add a little water if the mixture looks too dry and isn't holding together. Add a little flour if the mixture looks too wet and sticky. (Sometimes the carrots can be more wet or dry.)
- Sprinkle flat surface with a little additional flour and roll or pat out dough to ¼ inch thickness. Sprinkle dough with additional flour as needed.
- Prick dough all over with a fork. Use pizza wheel to cut dough into 1/2 inch squares.
- Arrange squares on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until starting to brown. (Bake longer for drier texture.)
- Cool on baking sheet.
- Store in airtight container for a week or freeze for longer storage.