It’s Pizza Night!
Make your own delicious pizza sauce! It’s easy to make in your food processor and tastes so much better than store bought! You can customize the texture to you liking!
Looking for a good pizza crust recipe? I have one here!
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 clove garlic peeled, end trimmed
- 2-3 sprigs fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley about 3 tablespoons leaves, very dry
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained see note
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian herb blend
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- I make this sauce in a food processor so I can mince the garlic and parsley, then chop/puree the tomatoes to the texture I like. (Alternatively, you could chop in a chopper or pulse in a blender.)
- With food processor (make sure bowl is dry) running on high speed drop in garlic and parsley to mince. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse/process to your desired texture.
- Makes about 2.5 cups. You can store in refrigerator for several days or freeze in air-tight container for up to 6 months.