It’s Pizza Night!
Make your own delicious pizza sauce! It’s easy to make in your food processor and tastes so much better than store bought! You can customize the texture to you liking!
Looking for a good pizza crust recipe? I have one here!
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
Make your own delicious pizza sauce! It's easy to make in your food processor and tastes so much better than store bought! You can customize the texture to you liking!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 cups (approx.)
- 1 clove garlic peeled, end trimmed
- 2-3 sprigs fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley about 3 tablespoons leaves, very dry
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained see note
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian herb blend
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- I make this sauce in a food processor so I can mince the garlic and parsley, then chop/puree the tomatoes to the texture I like. (Alternatively, you could chop in a chopper or pulse in a blender.)
- With food processor (make sure bowl is dry) running on high speed drop in garlic and parsley to mince. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse/process to your desired texture.
- Makes about 2.5 cups. You can store in refrigerator for several days or freeze in air-tight container for up to 6 months.
Diced Tomatoes: For a roasted taste try fire roasted diced tomatoes
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!
I just bought the food processor in December for my daughter and just gave it to her and now I guess it is obsolete. I’m very very upset.
Hi Janie – Definitely not obsolete – Just like any other product, there are always newer models coming out. I know my phone is several models behind by now.
Hi there Tina! Going to use the pizza sauce & whiskey glazed corn beef recipes— Krynie Crumb coming to visit! 💕💕ps. When corned beef is fini, I put an aluminum foil wrapped brick on top of corn beef to get the fat juices out! ( Martha Stewart showed on tv when we were in Audubon house😱😱😎— )Hi to your Mom! 💕💕👏🏻
Hi Mrs. English! So fun to see your comment! What a great tip on the corned beef! Will have to give that a try!! Hugs to you both!! Will tell Pat you say Hi!