The Perfect Summer Cocktail: Frozen Rose’ Wine with Strawberry & Lime
I had my first taste of a frose’ cocktail at Estia Restaurant in St. David’s, PA on July 4th! They have a giant professional frozen slushy type machine that dispenses these magical frose’ cocktails! Not having the counter space in my own kitchen for this type of unit – I asked what the basic ingredients were and set out to recreate them at home: Rose’ wine, strawberry simple syrup and lime juice.
Frose' - Frozen Rose' Wine Cocktail
Strawberry Simple Syrup: Prep ahead and chill
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
Frose Ingredients + Prepared Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup rose' wine choose a less sweet, more dry variety
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 lime to juice
- 2 cups ice
- whole strawberries or lime slices for garnish if desired
- Make and chill strawberry simple syrup a few hours in advance: In small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together water and sugar until almost a simmer. The sugar should be completely dissolved. Turn off the heat and add the chopped strawberries. Let them steep and infuse the syrup for 3o minutes. Strain and chill* the strawberry simple syrup.
- Add 1/2 cup chilled strawberry simple syrup, 1/2 cup rose' wine, 1/4 cup vodka and juice of half a lime to your blender. Add ice and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses, garnish with strawberry or lime slice. They're nice to drink with a straw too. Sometimes I'll cut the straws in half if they're too tall for the glass. Cheers! Happy Summer!