The Perfect Summer Cocktail: Frozen Rose’ Wine with Strawberry & Lime
I had my first taste of a frose’ cocktail at Estia Restaurant in St. David’s, PA on July 4th! They have a giant professional frozen slushy type machine that dispenses these magical frose’ cocktails! Not having the counter space in my own kitchen for this type of unit – I asked what the basic ingredients were and set out to recreate them at home: Rose’ wine, strawberry simple syrup and lime juice.
Frose' - Frozen Rose' Wine Cocktail
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup rose' wine choose a less sweet, more dry variety
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 lime to juice
- 2 cups ice
- whole strawberries or lime slices for garnish if desired
- Make and chill strawberry simple syrup a few hours in advance: In small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together water and sugar until almost a simmer. The sugar should be completely dissolved. Turn off the heat and add the chopped strawberries. Let them steep and infuse the syrup for 3o minutes. Strain and chill the strawberry simple syrup.
- Add 1/2 cup chilled strawberry simple syrup, 1/2 cup rose' wine, 1/4 cup vodka and juice of half a lime to your blender. Add ice and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses, garnish with strawberry or lime slice. They're nice to drink with a straw too. Sometimes I'll cut the straws in half if they're too tall for the glass. Cheers! Happy Summer!