I’ve been asked for this recipe many times –
It’s about time I made it official – it has lived on a scrap of paper tucked in my old trusty Betty Crocker red and white checkered cookbook for far too long! I’m not even sure where it originated. But here you go… It’s a delicious easy, classic horseradish sauce – we love it with beef, ham, roasted potatoes and vegetables – just about anything!
If you’re looking for a whipped style horseradish sauce check out my Horseradish Whipped Cream!
Our Favorite Horseradish Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup horseradish see notes
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1 tablespoon chives or parsley
- Mix together and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. (you can simply stir together but oftentimes I'll use my chopper to blend it quickly and easily.)