If you were to cross a pumpkin pie with a light fluffy cloud…
this is what you’d get! It’s a super easy no-bake dessert that looks great layered in a large glass bowl or spooned into little mason jars. I love the creamy, fluffy texture that is layered with crunchy gingersnap cookies. And…well…salted caramel whipped cream just happens to be one of my favorite things. ( :
*Update: 3/5/15 – I made a Mason Jar Pumpkin Mousse Parfait version yesterday – see directions below.
Pumpkin Mousse Trifle w/Salted Caramel Whipped Cream:
*MASON JAR PUMPKIN MOUSSE PARFAITS DIRECTIONS: (MAKES 36 JARS)
I was going to be the guest at a meeting of the Wayne Woods Garden Club. I was invited to talk about my cooking contest experiences. They were going to be making flower arrangements in mason jars that evening, so I offered to bring dessert in mason jars. I made a double batch of the recipe above for the Pumpkin Mousse with Salted Caramel Whipped Cream. I also crunched up extra gingersnap cookies – I used 24 ounces of cookies (1 1/2 packages). I used 3 dozen Ball® 8oz Regular Mouth Half Pint Jars. First I spooned a layer of crumbled cookies into the bottom of each jar, then I used a large 16 inch disposable piping bag to pipe a layer of pumpkin mousse into each jar. Next, I spooned on more cookies. Lastly, I filled another piping bag with the whipped cream and topped each parfait with a dollop. I wanted to put the lids on the jars, so I didn’t fill them too high. The double batch of mousse and whipped cream were just enough for all 36 jars. I assembled and transported them right in the divided box the jars came in. This kept them nice and safe on the car ride. Another note: I made the filling and the whipped cream a few hours ahead and filled them right before I left for the meeting. These were fun to make and the ladies enjoyed them!
THANKS FOR SPENDING SOME TIME IN THE CLOUD WITH ME!
I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE RECIPE! TINA ( :
Pumpkin Mousse Trifle with Salted Caramel Whip
- 8 ounces gingersnaps (spiced wafers) crumbled
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup caramel syrup
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (7 1/2-ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- Crush gingersnap cookies
- Whip heavy cream to almost soft peaks
- Add caramel syrup and salt and continue to whip until stiff peaks. Remove whipped cream to a separate bowl.
- In original mixing bowl, mix together pumpkin, vanilla, sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Fold in half the marshmallow cream. Fold in about 1½ cups whipped cream. Fold in the rest of the marshmallow cream. Fold in another 1½ cups whipped cream.
- In trifle dish, layer pumpkin mousse, cookies, pumpkin mousse and more cookies.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with a drizzle of caramel sauce and cookie crumbs.