If you were to cross a pumpkin pie with a light fluffy cloud…
this is what you'd get! It's a super easy no-bake dessert that looks great layered in a large glass bowl or spooned into little mason jars. I love the creamy, fluffy texture that is layered with crunchy gingersnap cookies. And…well...salted caramel whipped cream just happens to be one of my favorite things. ( :
Pumpkin Mousse Trifle w/Salted Caramel Whipped Cream:
Pumpkin Mousse Trifle w/Salted Caramel Whipped Cream Recipe
Christina Verrelli - epicuricloud
Makes 10-12 servings
8 ounces gingersnaps (spiced wafers) crumbled
3 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup caramel syrup
¼ + 1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 (7 ½ -ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- Crush gingersnap cookies.
- Whip heavy cream to almost soft peaks.
- Add caramel syrup and salt and continue to whip until stiff peaks.
- Mix together pumpkin, vanilla, sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Fold in half the marshmallow cream. Fold in about 1½ cups whipped cream. Fold in the rest of the marshmallow cream. Fold in another 1½ cups whipped cream.
- Layer pumpkin mousse, cookies, pumpkin mousse and more cookies.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with a drizzle of caramel sauce and cookie crumbs.
Note: You can make a few hours ahead of time and refrigerate. The cookies will get softer the longer it sits. To keep the cookies crunchy, you can make all the components and then assemble closer to serving time.