When everything on your Thanksgiving table is beige and roasted…
It’s nice to have a fresh and colorful salad. This one combines pear, cucumber and sweet red pepper tossed with dried cranberries, feta and pumpkin vinaigrette. Toasted pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds) are sprinkled on the top. If you can find it, a drizzle of toasted pumpkin seed oil makes it extra special!
Autumn Chopped Salad with Pumpkin Vinaigrette
- 1 seedless (English) cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 red pear cored and chopped
- 1 red pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup roasted pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
Pumpkin Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In large bowl, toss together chopped cucumber, pear, pepper, onion, parsley, feta and cranberries.
- Combine pumpkin, vinegar, syrup, Dijon, garlic, salt, pepper, water and thyme in food processor or chopper and blend until well mixed. With processor running, drizzle in olive oil.
- Mix desired amount of dressing into chopped salad.
- Sprinkle with pepitas right before serving.